View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
SIKSUKR

Default Where were all the boats this weekend?

I launched my boat for the first time this weekend.Saturday I was headed to launch at Glendale and was to arrive about 12:30pm.Based on past years,I thought I might have a problem on a 90+ weekend day finding room to park my trailer in the town lot behind Marine Patrol.After I launched I drove into the parking area only to find about 8 cars in the car only level and maybe 10 vehicles with trailers in that level.I thought great,but this is weird.Off I went headed out away from The Gilford town docks towards Timber Island.There is normaly a fair amount of traffic I have to cross between Lockes and Timber but to my amazement I could only see about 8 boats in either direction as far as my eyes would work.This is usually a pretty rough area for me on my PWC but I was suprizingly able to run almost full throttle(55 to 60mph) without a problem.I stopped out in the broads and and looked around and saw maybe 5 boats in all directions.I called a friend and he said he was in Braun Bay so I made my way over there on very flat water.Braun was had very few boats for what I was expecting on a 90 dgree day.
I returned Sunday mid afternoon to see a slightly higher number of cars in the lot but what seemed like way less boats.We sat out in the broads for an hour and I could count the boats we saw on one hand.It seems to me that gas pricees and/economy is having a large impact so far this early boating season.Anyone else?