View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #21
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
We are not ON the island, we are on our boats near the island. As a matter of fact, I am at the island expressly at the invitation of NH Audubon. We all use binoculars. We also help keep NHAudubon updated ... when the nest blew down last year, I was able to send Chris Martin photos to prove that it was gone, and he was out at the Island ASAP to ensure the chick was okay.
In the mean time, I have two words for you.... imagine what they might be.
That is not what your message implies... let me quote here "and nobody should step foot on it, because of nesting wildlife. However, you'll see many of us Forum folks out there" Now you leave yourself to interpretation at this point. You state that nobody should step foot on it.... then you say "However you'll see many of us Forum folks out there" now to me, when you say However you'll see many of us Forum folks out there in that context I interpret that to mean, that even though you know you shouldn't you are on the island. It is that term However that gets you into trouble....

You left yourself wide open to interpretation.... So don't you dare try and spurt two words at me unless you are ready to eat them..... Wording is everything when communicating in this media... if you had left that word "however" out of that sentence that brings a entirely new meaning to what you had to say. Don't get angry at me if you don't word something right. I have no way of knowing how you intend something to mean, I have to interpret it from the way it is written.

Now on to other issues, if this island is not listed sanctuary, legally people don't have to stay off of it by the way....They simply need the owners permission to be on it....As I can only hope your Audubon friend has made sure he has done.