View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

I can't imagine that area wouldn't be safe, of course I wouldn't go anywhere I wasn't sure about. Most of the lake other than the pesky areas mentioned in the ice in thread has been locked up for several weeks now, or longer. I think for your travels the ice rifts would be the only areas of concern. I buzzed out to my place on Big Bear from Levitt beach by sled and there were tons of people out and about on sleds and ATVs. Not so much in trucks but ya know there has been lots of fluctuation in the ice formation, but I can tell you there is close to 20" of ice in front of my place and that area was comprised of large ice sheets and open water leading up to the first big cold snap. Should be a beautiful weekend to be out there, just be careful and if you are unsure check the ice as you go! Hope you make it out there. I'm thinking I may overnight it at my place this weekend.

FYI 3-6" of snow is predicted Friday night into Saturday, so walking out there is going to be a good workout considering the snow already out there.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: