View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #20
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
Sometimes it is fun on the Forum to bat around ideas on issues...this is truly NOT one of those times. Yes, I can choose not to contribute, or read the thread, but this, IMO, is on the border between ridiculous and tragic.
Totally agree, on the border. FYI, not a sentence in today's Laconia Daily Sun. During my lunch at work, I decided to search news media again. I found no statement of cause of death, but possible, BUT NO WORD SUICIDE.
Therefore, I continue to plead that the thread starter edit the title deleting suicide to "death" or some such phrase. Yes, we can speculate suicide. "Overdose" hints at self medication! However, I believe it unfair to title suicide before any authority or medical examiner say that word. It could cause reason for a new viewer to not return. I think the moderator should monitor and delete such speculation. As I wrote once, any one of us could check in to a hotel and unexpectedly die of some sudden illness: appendix rupture, brain annurism, heart condition, stress over impending tax return filing, financial matters.... on & on & on.

On the other side, I do read some very informative threads, and as a boater since childhood, I hope any of my writings are well received.