View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ...death at Meredith hotel!

Today's April 5, 2012, LaDaSun has a short on this on page 13.

Meredith-A New Hampshire doctor accused of sexually assaulting patients has been found dead in a hotel room in Meredith.

The Citizen reports Dr Steven Chern, age 63, who had surrendered his medical license, was found unresponsive Monday afternoon, April 2, in a room at Church Landing. He was declared dead a short time later.

That's the entire report in the Laconia Daily Sun......pretty short.....just three sentences......

It usually not-to-easy to get any info about local suicides and it is not unusual for an obituary to avoid mentioning that a death was a suicide. For me, it's an interesting topic just to see what drives people, most always men and not women, to go take their own life. How unhappy and miserable does one have to be to do it, and when does someone cross the line from stability to suicidal thoughts.....and then actually doing it?

So, what drove him to do it and what could have been a different route to take considering the legal and personal problems that he faced?

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS03/111029893
and hopefully this link works. If not, can someone create a working link.....thanks!

Seems like a huge tragedy......maybe taking one small mistep with a patient.....and bing-bang-boom....a well liked and appreciated medical practicioner kills himself.....seems like a major blunder to me.....killing yourself just for getting a wee bit forward with some 39-year old patient lady.....or something....that is not too much of a big deal to me.........

"...has a great reputation in the medical community."

"He is a great doctor."

.....quotes from the Union Leader, Oct 27, 2011

From the movie KINGPIN (1996) with Woody Harrelson, Randy Quaid, and Bill Murray......here's a one of my favorite all-time quotes on human relationships between men and women:..... it went something like this..... "Guys like to go knock on the front door.....and it's the woman's place to say NO!"

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-05-2012 at 11:09 AM.