View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #38
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateGypsy View Post
For the record, I just want to say that if anyone ever wonders whether or not they should call 911... if you're vacillating but feel even the slightest bit of concern... CALL 911!!!

I have it straight from the horses' mouths -- they would rather come out and check on the situation which turns out to be nothing than to show up at a point where nothing can be done!

We're just discussing the stupidity factor here...
Like taking a hike in the desert and not telling anyone where you are going and when you plan to be back -- only to end up getting pinned by a boulder and having to cut your hand off to survive. The only thing that could've made it worse is if one of the people searching for him had been crushed and killed by another boulder.
Indeed 911 is there for a reason... and rescuers do have to use there own judgement if they believe the situation is too risky for them to respond. Such as the story is here... People where notified that response was not going to be immediate if at all during the height of the storm... Obviously the Marine Patrol didn't feel as though they where in danger when they set out.