View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #26
Waterbaby

Default I'd rather have a Golden -- or a Walter, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
We have become "cat people" but no pets have ever beat our Goldens. They are both sadly gone for many years. No better breed IMHO.

Someone once told me that living with a Golden was like living with an idiot relative.. (no insult to anyones relatives! )

My favorite Golden story comes from a friend of my Dad. Frank and his wife where getting ready to go out for the evening, and husband Frank was assigned to go out and find "Walter" their Golden. Old Walter was always off visiting the neighbors. As Frank drove around in the pouring rain looking for Walter, he finally spotted him on a neighbors front porch. He rolled down the window and called Walter into the car. Walter jumped into the back seat. When he got home, he found his "Walter" already on his front porch.. and had to return the other Golden to his home. Long story, but anyone that has or has had a Golden will "get it".
See title above, I'd rather have a Golden than some of my relatives... cause they sure can be idiots!

AND............... the story about Frank and Walter is a riot........ and I always think the name of the man in On Golden Pond was Walter so I found that even funnier! (I know, I know, his name was Norman................so sue me! )

TY, Steve A, your post just tickled my funny bone -- on a night when I especially needed it!