Thread: T-Mobile
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 09:01 AM   #17
Wiezy

Default Band 12 is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakershaker View Post
Hi All - has anyone had recent experience with TMobile at the lake? Looking at their coverage maps, it shows good 4G service - actually better than Verizon where I need it. But actual performance reviews would be appreciated. I know TMobile just acquired new spectrum which long-term should be great, but don't want to make a change if coverage suffers in the near-term.
Lakershaker-

We switched to T-Mobile this summer and are on the Northwest broad side of Rattlesnake getting 6-8mpbs of LTE. It is 100% due to the new Band 12 that you mentioned. I figured this out when we tried to use an older Samsung J7 phone (not Band 12) and it would barely work but that same T-Mobile SIM in a Nexus 5x (Band 12) worked great. When we go over to Cow island to visit friends, the reception disappears, and when we go down to the Southeast/Alton Bay corner of Rattlesnake the coverage also drops off. Definitely dependent on exactly where you are trying to get service.

We went with T-Mobile because it works so well at our property and using one of the MVNOs of T-Mobile called MintSIM and we're getting 10GB for $20/mo taxes included.
Wiezy is offline   Reply With Quote