View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 12:01 PM   #22
Rich

Some people don't see a need, but others do!

There is nothing strange about wanting to be able to protect yourself, no matter where, no matter when. These days there are more and more stories of all sorts of violent crimes:

Home invasions
Car jackings
Muggings
People hurting others just to do it for no reason or to record it on youtube for their amusement.

Do you have a fire extinguisher at home? how about a carbon monoxide detector?

Have you ever been in a fire? NO? Then why do you have a fire extinguisher or CO detector in your home? By some of the logic mentioned, only those that have already been in a fire should have these things, no?

Do you wear your seat belts? If you have never been in a bad car accident, why do you wear it?

It's all about being able to protect yourself.

Same thing about a firearm. It's our God given right to protect ourselves from those that want to do us harm. It's been this way since we were tadpoles.

Perhaps you don't think this area of NH has the sort of issues that may require someone to defend themselves?

What about the people in the news that have been killed in their own home? What about those that have been killed in a 'gun free zone' like schools or churches? These areas should be renamed 'self defense free zone'.

How about all the new crop of heroin addicts that are breaking in and stealing anything they can to fund their addiction? Some of these people are violent.

If you don't understand the need to protect yourself, I wish you best of luck if you ever need to. Or if you are lucky, perhaps someone nearby can help you.

As you know, you can always call 911, and the police will be there within 10 minutes or so if all goes well. If you are lucky, you will still be alive when the police show up, as the bad guy will most probably be long gone by then and the damage will have already been done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: