View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Audiofn

I have hard wired internet now. It is slow but much faster then 3g or anything like that and to my knowledge no limitation on bandwidth. I got the cheapest that they offer but I need it for work from time to time so it is not an option and I got that. I think it costs about 40 bucks a month with tax. If I was to add TV it was going to go up to 130 bucks a month! They do offer a lesser service but it would only get me one extra channel that I care about over what I get with my antenna now.

My limitation for bandwidth is the vacation house. I am running 15 megs out (can go up as much as 60megs) at my home and only 6 megs down at the vacation house. If I could get up to 15 megs down at the vacation home I could look more at the VPN option.

What I am trying to avoid as well is having to watch the shows on my laptop. I want to get it onto my TV. Sling used to make a thing called a Slingcatcher that was 199 bucks. They stopped making them and the few people that still have them are selling them for 400+ dollars! So I figured if I could stream to my Itouch using my local network and just set it into a dock that could feed my tv. I have a customer that has a Slingbox HD Pro unit so I may test using thiers.

I will certainly let you all know if I get it to work as I know this has been talked about a few times in the past.
Audiofn is offline   Reply With Quote