View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Blue
And...Oh Yea, NEVER lick a stake knife!

Misty Blue.
Talk about a lead-in to an entirely different thread. Captions could be something like " how many stitches have you had in your tongue?" or "Reasons why sword swallowers are worth every penny they charge". Ouch, Misty Blue!(psssst: turn the sharp edge away from you !)

[Quote=Flboater] My solution to the potato chip problem is to buy several tight sealing canisters and empty the chips into the canister as soon as opened.

We used to get Potato Chips from Granite State Potato Chip Co in Salem NH, Rte 28 N of Rockingham, and they sold them in bags, but also in cannisters that you could bring back in for a refill (not free). Haven/t been there in years, so I don't know if they still do that, but I agree, it works and works well. At Christmas time, many places sell popcorn in decorator tins with three kinds of popcorn, and you can save those, clean them out and use them...attractive to look at and purposefull too.

Motion detector lights (I hesitate to do this, so don't start a whole new thread in this thread!) on the outside of the house and/or garage rather than those mercury vapor lights that are on from dusk to dawn. Far less light pollution and energy saving to boot. If placed well, you will be able to go out at night into the yard to see NH's fine starry sky, northern lights, incoming lightning storms, etc., and still provide good security and safety to your property.

Finally, this time of year, when driving a golf cart, motorcycle, bicycle, boat, or when running, walking, or standing outside, and your face is exposed to the elements, keep you mouth closed tightly or you will eat an amount of black flies equivilent in weight to one of Waldo Pepper's double stuffed Lobster Roll!