View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
Old Hubbard Rd

Default 1/27/08

Trail update:
We received about 1" to 2" of fresh new snow today. Just got back from a nice 70+ mile ride. Cheeks are still red and defrosting. We headed out of Spindle Point and headed to rail road bed near Grouse Point. In the past you could get off/on the lake and on the rail bed at Grouse Point. It appears that Grouse Point has not provided a access. I had to go closer to the Weirs to get on/off. At Lake Waukewan from the tracks we headed left toward New Hampton/Laconia. We decided to head toward New Hampton. The trail was pretty good till we arrived in New Hampton by Rossi's Italian Ristorante. From there it was as my snowmobile buddy said "old school" trails. He calls the pre groomer trails "old school". Now that the clubs have groomers the trails are gorgeous and "new school"!! These trails were crappy till we arrived at Bridgewater where the trails were really nice. Not perfect but nice. All trails were a bit bumpy. I saw no groomers today and no trails appeared recently groomed. We headed from Bridgewater to Rumney then to Plymouth then down the tracks back to Meredith. At least today my riding buddy let me stop at Beittermans Deli for a quick drink. That's it for this weekend. Hope others contribute to this forum!! Saw about 25 people out sledding today.
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote