View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 04:48 AM   #5
Old Hubbard Rd

Default 1/26/08

I need to ask. Where is everybody???? Is it a economy thing or do people think there is not snow on the trails?? I asked several I met on the trails yesterday and I received many "it's a combination".

We headed out Sat 1/26/08 from Spindle Point Meredith via the lake to Rt 3/Rt 25 and onto Corridor 15N. Yes the lake is frozen and there was life on the lake. It looks safe although use your common sense. We headed up Corridor 15N and there was ample coverage on the trails with a couple bare spots here and there but over all these clubs and grooming are really doing a incredible job and packing this snow down and even with the lack of recent snow the trails are in VERY GOOD condition!! This changing over of the State NH allowing us a discount if we joined a local club is really working. These funds have really helped the local clubs in organizing and getting the proper equipment to keep the trails flat and packed. Folks that have snowmobiled 5 to 10 years ago will see a amazing change in snowmobiling in the Lake Region!! We continued our fun up to the Castle in Clouds heading down the back side of the Castle toward the old Mt Whittier on Rt 25 onto the incredible rail road bed on Rt 16 headed toward Wakefied and Pine River (7 Lakes Region) then looped toward corridor 15 and ended back at the Castle parking area then back toward Meredith to have a bite to eat at "The Mug". What a great place The Mug is!! After riding for 115 miles it almost appeared as a mirage. We really enjoyed our dinner. It was the only eating and beverages we had stopped for all day. That was the only complaint I had with my sledding partner. I kept hinting at having a severe thirst although it appeared to fall on deaf ears. Of the 115 miles we logged about 1-2 miles of riding was probably crappy. Over all it was the best day of riding of my life!! Bottom line is you folks need to get out there and enjoy this. We ran into about 40 sleds out on the trails all day. That's crazy. For a Saturday there should have been hundreds out there. The conditions are much better than you would think. We could use a good snow dumping. Let's keep the economy going. Let's do our part. Get out there and enjoy!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links