View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 07:26 AM   #20
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I think the weather had a lot to do with how quiet the lake was this weekend. And yes it was indeed very quiet. I was in Center Harbor in the afternoon, on Sunday, and didn't have to wait very long to tie up. And could have tied up sooner but I didn't feel like threading my way into a forward spot.

Also I left Monday about 3:30 and drove right through Meredith... with only a minor delay at the light.

The last piece of proof, was that on 93 late afternoon, their was really no traffic back up in Concord. Traffic slowed a bit, but never stopped.
Not sure how often you drive 93 (North of Manchester) outside of the peak tourist times, but at 2:30 Monday afternoon the highway was moving at 20 MPH coming into Concord. That IS a backup, considering morning and evening rush hours run at higher than the posted speed limit in this area.

Unfortunately, I forgot that Monday afternoon was a holiday weekend and coming down exit 17 to merge onto the highway, I realized my mistake. 15 minutes later I was able to get off at exit 16 to go about my business. The season has begun!

As an aside, the Sunapee area was pretty busy, as busy as busy is for the Sunapee area!
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote