View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #59
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Jack
Why am I not surprised? I think I could say that heavier boats weigh more than lighter boats and you guys would find some reason to disagree. But that's ok, I expect that those who are reading all this stuff and who are not meticulously searching for some iota of justification for the absurd notion that driving boats really fast around a crowded lake is reasonable and prudent behavior will recognize where the common sense lies.
And still, my questions go unanswered.

Jack, to me common sense lies with the operator of a vessel. And if that fails, then it lies with MP. Period. The government should not regulate common sense. Traveling too fast for given conditions needs to be enforced. That I agree with.

But, can you define for me what you think is considered to be "really fast"? And why? Keep in mind that what you and I consider to be really fast may not be what someone else considers really fast. Also, consider that age may play a role in what one considers to be really fast. Quick example. When I was a kid, driving my first car on the highway, 80 seemed to be really fast. Now when I go 70, that seems really fast. And when I pass an elderly person at 60, they probably think I am going really fast. Get my point?

Why is 46 mph considered to be really fast, but 45 is ok?