Thread: Tavern 27
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #64
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Just to give you an alternative perspective... We've been members since the beginning, and more than once have been able to get one of those bar tables semi-last minute on a busy night. We also have a place in South Down, so it's super convenient (and worth the small membership fee) to do so.

Considering that the membership thing is fairly cheap ($50?), and Tavern27 certainly isn't on the lower-end of the price scale to eat at, it would seem the membership cost shouldn't be such a big deal? Maybe that's just my perspective, but your post basically makes it sound like you're preventing yourself from enjoying what you want over a relatively small cost, especially when factored into all the other costs of "being at the lake".

Just my perspective...
I appreciate your perspective Brk-Int. It's not the money but more of the principle. We typically go out Friday and Saturday nights, and the other places we frequent don't make us pay a premium for sitting at open spaces at the bar. (We prefer to sit at the bar rather than the dining room.) There are a lot of options that we enjoy, so it's not a big deal. We would go to Tavern 27 more often if it left the bar seating to first come, first served.
Major is online now   Reply With Quote