View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #97
ultrarider

Default Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Is it really late March? I took a ride today (Tuesday 3/25) via smith cove, braun bay, kona loop and back via smith and around the islands. Conditions could not be better unless there was several inches of fresh powder. No open water seen - none! The lake/land paths are frozen solid. The water bars on the trail are non-existent. The swamps are solid. When crossing the bridges, there is a small flow of water, but mostly, things are still locked up tight. The lake has a nice 6" frozen snow layer on plenty of ice. No slush, no pressure ridges, just flat smooth riding. Who ever groomed the trails is an artist! Really nice. It won't last of course, with the warm temperatures and rain coming - but I can't remember better conditions for this time of year.
Hey lakegeezer--- do you ride a Fan Type Sled? I have a 700 liquid, and I tried to go out yesterday, but got about 10mins down the hard packed RR Tracks (Corridor 26 in Wolfeboro) and my High Temp light came on. Just wondering if you have a fan, and/or if anybody with a liquid sled has been out in these conditions, and if their high temp light came on.
ultrarider
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote