View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
Island Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I did not want to Hijack the other thread therefore I have opened the debate here ........ Lauren deserves her kudo's without destroying that thread with this topic

Personally, I find it the utilization of those docks a tragedy.

I think I can count on one hand (and I'm referring to after 5:00PM)the number of times that I have seen the "Resident" docks evenly close to capacity.

Perhaps THAT may be a solution ---- after 5:00 (or pick your time) another half of a dock opens up to the public!!!

Crazier things have happened ---- look at Wolfeboro Town Dock and their "Handicap Boating" ??
I might not have any complaints about opening up a dock for non-island residents after 5 p.m. (except on Fridays, when they are usually full with boats that have been launched in anticipation of their owners' arrival), but have you ever seen those docks during the day? They are usually completely full and hours can go by before there's any movement. For whatever reason, with the Wolfeboro and Center Harbor Docks, there's more movement.

I use a different marina because it's just too stressful to find a spot every time I need to run to shore for an errand.