View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
Phantom

Default Gilford / Glendale Town Docks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
As a Gilford taxpayer, I'm not sure if the 240 properties justify in taking over 2 docks and leaving only a quarter of a dock for Gilford non island residents to use. A quarter of it is reserved for boat launching and the other half is for loading and unloading only. I have talk to John Goodhue, who heads the island association about moving the load unload to the other side and share it with the boat launching site. That way the non island residents can have a full half. He just chuckles at me. There are hardly any boats on the loading/unloading side.

I did not want to Hijack the other thread therefore I have opened the debate here ........ Lauren deserves her kudo's without destroying that thread with this topic

Personally, I find it the utilization of those docks a tragedy.

I think I can count on one hand (and I'm referring to after 5:00PM)the number of times that I have seen the "Resident" docks evenly close to capacity.

Perhaps THAT may be a solution ---- after 5:00 (or pick your time) another half of a dock opens up to the public!!!

Crazier things have happened ---- look at Wolfeboro Town Dock and their "Handicap Boating" ??