View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #32
meteotrade

Now that summer is officially half over (meteorologically speaking) I'd like to take a moment to reflect back on what is perhaps one of the most amazing stretches of cool weather in recent memory. I know, it's a painful process but you weather weenies will appreciate some of these stats. Maybe CLA can chime in with some more numbers from his station at BCI.

-Since June 1st we've had 1, yes, ONE day over 80 degrees. (june 26th had a high of 81 at Black Cat)

-We've been at or below normal now for 16 days in a row, or every day so far in July.

-Laconia airport had a low temperature of 48 on July 14th.

-Concord has had more heating degree days than cooling degree days. In other words, it's more likely that you would have used your fireplace this summer than your A/C.

-We've had 7-10" of rain so far, about double the average.

-As bad as NH has had it, some other areas have had it worse. It has been at or below normal 41 out of the last 45 days in Boston, while Portland ME has had three days in July when the temp failed to break 60.

So no that the first lousy half of summer is over, the second half should be much better, right? Possibly. This Friday should be the warmest day of the summer so far and pretty humid to boot. Next week looks warm and humid with plenty of shower/t-storm chances, but at least a more summer-like feel to the air. Long term, still no sign of a full blown pattern change through the end of the month although I think the cool weather will shift back into the midwest with time, leaving us with more typical summer weather.
meteotrade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meteotrade For This Useful Post: