View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #21
meteotrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
My opinion of GREAT weather is low 80's with dew points in the low 60's. I see that coming Thursday through Monday, as long as the gale center does not back in from where I see it going into the Canadian maritimes. I do not consider 90+ as great weather nor am I suggesting it will be 90+ soon.

I also no connection to any Chamber of Commerce.

R2B
Haha no no, I wasn't singling you out R2B. I think there is a broad consensus among novices (and even some experts) that the pattern has to change because we are somehow "due". Remember all those TV forecasts last week that proclaimed how nice this week would be?

The problem with patterns is that, by definition, they are hard to break and it usually takes a significant hemispheric event to do so. That's just not in the cards for the next couple of weeks. In fact (not to sound the alarm bells!) the 500mb pattern through early July looks awfully similar to early August of last year (-NAO/-AO).

Last year:
Attachment 2693

Forecast for next week:
Attachment 2694

I really hope this doesn't verify- our dock is already underwater and the last thing we need is more rain and cool temps. I'm with you though- 80s and dry is about as good as it gets. I just don't think we're going to see a lot of that over the next couple weeks.
meteotrade is offline   Reply With Quote