View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #12
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose tracks
Gary Bahre ownes New Hampshire International Speedway in Loudon. He lives in Maine and has the property at the lake. He also ownes another race track in North Carolina (North Wikesboro) along with Bruton Smith of Speedway Motorsports. This track was closed after they brought it. They brought the track just to get the NASCAR Cup racing dates. Smith took one of the dates and transfered it to a new track he built in Texas and Bahre took the other date so he could have two NASCAR dates at his track in Loudon. Out of all the tracks that NASCAR races at I can only think of 4 tracks that are not owed by a large corperation; Loudon, Pocono, Richmond and Indy. The remaining are owed by one of three large corperations; International Speedway Corperation "ISC" (which is NASCAR), Speedway Motorsports (Bruton Smith) and Dover Downs Entertainment. Gary Bahre and the Bahre family will probably sell New Hampshire Speedway in the future to ISC which may transfer one of the Loudon NASCAR Cup racing dates to a new track they want to build in the West. We are talking big bucks! We will have to wait and see.
Moosetracks...just a point of clairification...It is Bob Bahre, the father, that owns the race track, the property in Maine, the car museum,etc. Gary, the son, does certainly have an interest in all that, and also has property at the Bahre estate.