View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #11
Grant

Past experience shows that such discussions inevitably spiral downward into ugly, pointless flame wars. Although I consider myself a political junkie, and enjoy a spirited debate on just about any issue, it seems that such a section would be an ugly wart on what is otherwise a useful, friendly forum. JMHO.

That being said, there are plenty of politically-relevant thread topics that are germane to the region. Consider the prospect of a President Romney and the impact of a potential "summer White House" in Wolfeboro. Someone brought this up during a Romney town meeting recently, and the candidate gave a very Hillary-esque "non-answer." It's a major issue worthy of discussion, as there's no clear GOP front-runner right now. Think Kennebunkport. Think Katie Couric reporting from the town docks. Think satellite trucks and boats loaded with Secret Service. Think New York-style traffic. Think presidential motorcades shutting down the area.

Just think.