View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
Skip

Thumbs down Yet another forum?

My vote would be no.

Remember, the proprietor, owner, webmaster, moderator, referee, fund raiser and chief cook & bottle washer is all accomplished by one generous & talented individual....Don!

I think the weather thread was pertinent as there is great interest in the uniqueness of that same subject as it directly relates to the Lake, and we are fortunate to have a number of members with interest & expertise in that particular subject. And except for a possible side diversion into the politics of global warning, Don probably has to worry very little about monitoring that new forum.

Outside of that politics can invariably rear its head in to any forum related to the Lake. I see no issue with a proper discussion of the political aspect of a particular thread as long as that discussion relates to the Lake and doesn't violate this site's policies.

I would hate to see a flood of new forums trying to cover each and every individual whim & fancy of a particular member or group of members, as I realize the additional workload it puts on our gracious host.

As has been suggested numerous times before, if particular posters view's aggravate then utilize the ignore function. Or just skip over those particular posts that annoy you.

I know and can personally attest to the fact that Don has a keen eye for malfeasance and will moderate quickly and efficiently when the need arises. I believe that in this case it is best to leave that particular mission to him and not burden everyone with another forum.

By the way,

Merry Christmas!

Skip
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote