View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #14
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripley View Post
"That statement alone puts into perspective just how environmentally friendly the whole Cash For Clunkers program was, considering they had to destroy functioning automobiles "

It was my understanding that the klunkers didn't have to be destroyed,,the dealer could do what they wanted with them.
The kash for klunkers plan should have stipulated that any new car bought had to be made by an American manyfacturer .Toyota and nissan sent thank you letters to the white house ..I think i read soewhere that 55 per cent of all new cars sold in that program came from japan..too bad !
But my Toyota pickup truck is 100% assembled in the USA, by Americans, with the profits going to a company that knows how to function without government intervention. Do a quick search to see where the Chevy Silverado is assembled. I realize that the plant in Canada was just closed this year, which is a step in the right direction, but it still required tax-payer money to fuel that closure.

P.S. I did not participate in the cash for clunkers program, that entire thing is a mess.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote