View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #23
GTO

Default Best Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
As the owner of a small brick and mortar store nothing gets me riled up more than to hear people brag about going into a store and checking out merchandise, wasting sales peoples time and then buying it for $.10 cheaper on the internet. Doesn't anyone have and scruples anymore? If you are so cheap that you have to have the absolute rock bottom price then buy it on the net, BUT... don't go to the store first to STEAL their time and soil the merchandise they have on display only to buy it on the net. The service you are getting at the local retailer has a cost. The retailer besides provide you with a service is providing a local job, perhaps to you or your neighbor and paying local tax's. The internet dealer provides you with no local job, no service, no answers, no support, no nothing except a cheap price. You get what you pay for..... don't steal what you are not paying for!

Many stores do what I do, we offer to price match any legitimate internet price when all factors such as shipping, assembly, training are calculated in. Give your local dealer a chance, believe me they want to work with you.

Best Buy is a prime example of this going on. People will go into Bestbuy, look, feel, try, and get all the advice from the "pros" and then they will go buy it online for alot cheaper. BestBuy loses more money year after year and will probably be the next big box store to go out. I admit, I am guilty of this practice but not with the intention of hurting the local economy, its the intention of saving money in my own pocket.