Thread: Septic Pump Out
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #18
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Ok let me say this, while some people may routinely pay for septic covers to be dug up. This should be included with the cost of cleaning the septic system... We have ours done every two years at the camp, just to insure that we don't have a problem... As said previously it is cheap insurance...

I have never, ever had digging up the septic system cover be an additional charge... Now what my experience with this... Ok let see I have had septic tanks Pumped, in Vermont, Massachusetts, Washington State, New Hampshire, and even in Maine... never once, has there been a surcharge for digging up the cover.....

Now could that be that in all my cases the location of the cover, is known, so it is not a dig and explore arrangement... well yes that could be... but even so... to tell you that the "technician may add a 75$ fee" is just wrong... And makes me very skeptical of the companies business practices...
Normally it's around $25 bucks and if you don't have any idea where the pump out cover is I don't think $25 or $75 is that bad at all. It could take him an hour to find it. They need to bang around with a metal pipe. Tanks have 3 covers on them, some tanks you can reach the baffle and clean it while the pump out cover is open others require you to dig up the other cover. If you need to uncover a different one it can start to be a PIA.Some other companies just add it into the price. I know a few people in the business down south and time is money. Not sure why you would think is wrong for a guy to dig up a tank at someone else house for free. You know its a pretty shi**y job right? Because they wanted to be paid for there time it makes you very skeptical, you must be a peach to work for.