View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #27
jetskier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
I noticed that no-engine posted that I guess the story was true contrary to what he thought. I know that sometimes this forum can state stuff that may not be true but I have also found this forum to be a wonderful source of info. It is very sad whenever a business fails especially in our downtown Meredith area. Downtown Meredith had always struggled to keep it's businesses going and having Abondante etal there was certainly awesome. It's scary to see a successfull looking business fail. Hat's off to the survivors. The restaurant business along with most businesses comes right down to overhead. Big bank loans and big overhead equals failure!! One must be very liquid to operate a small business today.
It is indeed amazing how many "rumors" actually turn out to be factual. I am always mindful that we need to give folks posting courtesy as the information is usually quite helpful (usually accurate).

We really liked Abondante but it is not too surprising. They had very good quality but the portions were relatively small and the prices on the high end. That is not a good combination for a weak economy. In addition, they had a small facility off the beaten path. In the summer, they probably could do rather well, but the winter is a killer. It was never full when we went in there.

The rather unfortunate part is that there seems to be a downward trending of restaurants in the area. We just went to another favorite (we had never had a bad meal there) and the portions and quality were definitely down. I sent them an email and we will give them another chance.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote