View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
SIKSUKR

Just found this in a forum:FWIW

Update #2:

OK, now I feel I'm making some headway.

Browsing the helpful tech threads here on the polaris models, I tried to reset the MFD, since it seems there is some sort of sensor error or failure(s) that can make the thing limit.

Here's what happened.

I went back outside after 20 minutes and fired it up. Boat ran perfectly. Shut it down, fired back up and it was rev limiting. (Seems it wasn't the plug wires or that was only part of it).

I held the mode and set buttons for 5 seconds til the CAL screen came up on the MFD. Hit set and it returned to normal and the blinking light went off. At that point, I refired and it ran perfectly. Shut it off and restarted only to rev limit.

I've repeated this sequence now 4 times, so I am sure it is something along the line of a sensor or the MFD itself that is causing the issue. This particular ski has a failed fuel baffle, such that it reads empty all the time. I've never owned a machine that rev limited on low fuel, but maybe this SLT does?

I had disconnected the fuel baffle from the Ebox as well as the temp sensor, but that had no change. I'm wondering if the MFD sends a signal to the CDI and once it's "limiting", it won't stop until there's a reset or something???

I feer I'm close to a solution, but I know that someone must have experienced this before, so I'm hoping for a chime in to either tell me I'm an idiot or tell me I'm right and here's the sequence to unfukk this machine, lol.