View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #84
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
Ryan, I’m been through this many, many, many times on this forum. You and others should really go back and read my posts, rather than just keep asking me the very same questions over and over again.
I want you to know, I respect your opinions. I did not join this forum to just "Debate Evanstar". The forum is a means for debate and when I see a flaw in one's logic, I feel the need to debate.

Honestly, I've read all of the posts surrounding this debate.
It was only recently that I felt the need to sign up and voice my concerns.

Quote:
I’ve already explained over and over why this is not a helpful suggestion. Go HERE and read for yourself, if you somehow missed my numerous posts of this.

I've also read your extreme opposition to the kayak flag, which IMHO is a pretty poor decision for somebody who is concerned about visibility with power boats travelling at Ludicrous Speed. (the way you describe captains travelling at 46mph reminds me of the "Spaceballs" scene where they are going "Ludicrous speed". [/Sarcasm]At least that's how my vision gets when I hit 46mph.[Sarcasm]

Quote:
I’ve stated more than once that my sea kayak is nearly 16 feet long, so when a powerboat gets within 3 or 4 of my kayak lengths from me, they are much closer than 150 feet. Being less than a second away from a likely fatal collision is what I consider to be a close call.
Quote:
Again, I’ve stated this over and over – so, either you guys are not getting this, or you’re just choosing to ignore what I post. It is my belief that unintentional violations happen because the operator is traveling beyond his abilities to see smaller boats in time, so if he is forced to slow down, he will be traveling at speeds that are now closer to his abilities. Plus when you are going slower, you have more time to react. That is a fact. Therefore the speed limit should greatly reduce the number of unintentional 150 foot violations.
At 50MPH (~1% of the boats on any given day) one is travelling at roughly 73.333333333ft/second.
At 40MPH one is travelling at approx 58.66666666667 ft/second.

The faster boat hits you in 2.04 seconds, the slower in 2.56.

How are you possibly going to feel any safer?

No further questions.....today.