View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Question Ticks

Until last year, I had been the only one that had a tick attach to me. Over these many years we only found a few ticks crawling on Mac, but we spotted them before they attached. We never had the need to use a tick repellant on him at all. Last year Bailey being a youngster and enjoying roving around, found way more on the island than I would have hoped.

Ticked Off

We tried this tool, but did not have good results, which may be a result of her longer and curly hair at the time. Bailey would just freak out.
Our son had great results using this tool on their pretty dog, Fiona.

Trix Ticklasso

Last fall I picked up this tool and thankfully have not had need of it. Been practicing with it, so Bail will hopefully not freak out again.
Our son used it on Fiona, but it didn't work as well as the Ticked Off tool.

Contech Tick Twister Pro

On a recent Amazon purchase, I picked up this tool because I could easily carry it with me on my key ring. I have not yet had need of it.

Just before starting training classes with Bailey, I had to put her on some sort of tick control. I made the mistake of buying local - Amazon sells 6 doses for what I spent for 3 doses of Frontline Plus. I went with Frontline because I was told it doesn't have a scent. My concern was for my super severe allergies to fragrances. So far, so good.

How do you remove ticks from your dog and what more should I do? Thanks!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote