View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 06:37 AM   #16
Mr. Moyer

Default sometimes it works the other way

I would agree that there are certaintly folks who log on and trash a restaurant in the area but never post again. Perhaps these folks are what we call "lurkers". They read a bunch of the forums, but don't really post. You can imagine there are a lot of people who don't like to write on blogs or forums, but do enjoy reading the info. I was a lurker for over a year, until I got a better idea of what these forums were really about. In defense of some of these folks, maybe the service they received was terrible enough to mke them finally write in.
As for me, I have to agree with most of the people chiming in on this thread. I take the info handed down by others and it "helps" me make my decision on where to eat. I still have the lyons den on my to do, from all of the great feedback on this forum.
There are times it works the other way. My lovely wife and I went to Wolfboro about a year ago and we were searching for a place to have dinner. The intitial location we went for, was closed for some reason, so we were left to choose. We asked a few locals, and they were of no help. So my wife pointed to a restaurant and we went in. Since I was on this thread, lurking, I knew that a number of people had bad mouthed the location. But when the mrs wants to eat at a "cute" restaurant, we eat at that "cute" restaurant.
Since, my expectations were low, the food and service overdelivered and we have gone back a number of times. File this under, keep expectations low and you'll never be disappointed and don't believe everything others write.