View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
laviniasdining

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I am an alumnus of Belknap College. Coe House was the girls' dorm during the '60's and 70's. I remember well having classes in the front rooms of the main house. I remember the 'Indian' shutters incased into the walls around the windows. I also remmeber the painted mural in one room. I would love to stop by and see how much it had changed since the college closed.

Congratulations in opening a fine dining experience in the area. You will find plenty of competition and that is the fun part. Good Luck!
The 'Indian Shutters' are still here, and so is the amazing mural! Last year, we hosted a Belknap College reunion, of sorts; they were dedicating a bench in the common, and about 100+/- came over for a luncheon afterward. We were given a great old photo of some of the 'girls' sitting on the porch of their dorm, we gave lots of tours and heard some pretty great tales of college life/shenanigans back in the day!

We'd be happy to have you stop by for dinner, or just a tour! And, of course, we'll expect a good story or two!
laviniasdining is offline   Reply With Quote