View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #43
parrothead

Default Acres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
"...others are not honoring parrothead's request. He just wanted a simple, unscientific poll with no debate..."
Parrothead wants an unscientific poll?

Yup...Let's lock out the comments.

I don't know why I am bothering, but here we go......
Acres we have never met, so please stop questioning my character in a public forum. To say that I started this poll with some agenda in mind is just wrong. I guess me saying that isn't really going to make you believe me, but you are going on an assumption of my motives. As the adage goes, if you assume..., well you know the rest.
I didn't want comments because there are enough threads hashing out everyone's opinions on this topic. Do you actually believe that a poll posted on this site by someone sitting at home on a rainy day is going to affect the vote? You could of just voted that you were for speed limits to increase that number and moved on.
It was supposed to be fun, until you derailed the poll with your first post. The premise being if you were on the Senate, and able to vote on this issue, how would you vote. That was the question, and anyone that is a member of this website could vote. They wouldn't have to explain why they voted the way they did, they could vote and be done. Because we have seen how this issue can drag you in like quicksand. Have a good weekend!