View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
VtSteve

Years and years ago, I fished with my dad and friends from Meredith to the Boards. We trolled everywhere in the cold waters, the wind, the rain, even through some remnants of ice. My memories are mostly of freezing, not catching fish. I heard the old timer's stories of salmon chop, trolling deep for lakers, all of that.

Some years, we caught our limit early, sometimes nothing. I was in the boat for Wally's 12 pound two ounce laker landing. What a fish! Many years later, I'm here on the west coat of NE in amazement as people haul in fish like they had nets. It all goes in cycles. I'm not much of a fisherman, but the peace and tranquility remains a major catch in the sport. I might even put the boat in early this year to troll over here myself this year. Probably the first time in well over thirty years.

As I remember, if the salmon aren't hitting on Winni, go bottom trolling for lakers. Not so much the very bottom at this time of year, but deeper. A big fish is better than none at all. I caught a 6 or 7 pound laker in August trolling the bottom once.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote