View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #14
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
why.. lewd acts have nothing to do with rafting, that's about laws that are already on the books, and rafting has nothing to do with nudity, etc.

Why make more laws, because current laws are not enforced?

Boaters against this should send in comments and try to attend the meeting.
My point was / is... this is one of the items the landowners will be using for ammunition and it is VERY effective. Substantiated Police reports of lewd conduct occurring while rafting in public view of children will be a show stopper at the hearing, that's a fact!

What do you think is going to happen when one of the landowners shows up with a video of the supposed loud music, public intoxication, nudity and littering...do you really think the panel is just going to brush it aside and say "hey, we already have laws on the books for these infractions" and do nothing??... History of these cases has proven differently... I have personally seen videos exactly like this at hearings and its quite embarrassing to watch and trust me when I tell you that it is very effective!

I'm not for more laws or taking away rafting rights whatsoever, quite the contrary actually, I'm simply stating what ammunition will be used at the hearing that has proven to be very effective at getting rafting rights taken away.

If the boating public wants to beat this, they better get their ducks in a row with a good game plan and come out in numbers because as LIR stated previously, the landowners have the most "sway" at these hearings...

Dan