View Single Post
Old 07-14-2023, 07:59 AM   #15
burgerunh

My 2 cents on fire pits...

If you are going to get a propane fire pit get the largest amount of BTU's that is available. The low BTU ones do not throw off much heat at all. And I would not allow marshmallows with a Propane fire pit. Use your propane grill for them. Much easier to clean. I run my Propane fire pit in the middle of my large deck and am not concerned about burning my house down. Ease of use is also fantastic with a propane fire pit. You simply start it and you have a fire. You shut it off when you are done. Doesn't get much more convenient. No wood and no campfire stink. I would not do this with any type of traditional or solo fire pit.

Solo Fire pits are ok but I am not in love with them. The heat from them more or less goes straight up and does not radiate out like a traditional bon fire. You have to be more or less right on top of them to feel the heat. Yes there is very little smoke from them. You can have a fire and not stink like campfire the next day. They are expensive! You can not get them wet or they will clog up and then not work properly. I would not leave one at a rental property.

I guess in a perfect world I would have a traditional fire pit in my yard off away from the structure in a safe spot and then I would have a high BTU Propane fire pit on my deck. Based on my experiences with a Solo fire pit I personally would not spend my money on one but to each their own.
burgerunh is offline   Reply With Quote