View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #18
KWilliams

Default from Pennsylvania

My wife and I have been visiting the lake for the past 20 years staying in Center Harbor. I have a deep V Lund with a PA license # on the bow. (perhaps the one mentioned earlier in the thread wiched prompted me to post). We always attempt to cooincide our visit with the post spawn when the male bass are still relating to the spawning flats but not guarding the nest from egg predators. We always fish barbless topwater baits and every fish caught over the past two decades were immediately released. I can't promise that I have never caught a bass on top that was guarding HIS nest but I assure you, I make every attempt not to bother bedding bass during their reproduction ritual. I love this precious resource as much as any lakefront property owner and simply come up to enjoy all the lake has to offer. I understand the general concern of lakeside residents and share it. It is my belief that all anglers should respect the spawning right of the bass and not rip them from their beds and bounce them across the lake to weigh in. Just my $.02. Good day, all.
KWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KWilliams For This Useful Post: