View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #33
@thelake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr View Post
I love my XM too - we've had it in our cars for seven years (give or take).
This weekend we did a fair amount of driving and found that on routes 109 and 28 in Wolfeboro there were a few of those real quick dead spots - not a big deal. But from Sandy Point to Lake Shore it was almost the opposite - a few short spots that had a signal. I remember thinking that it would drive me crazy if I lived in that area.

@thelake - my subscription is up for renewal soon. You piqued my interest with the lifetime membership, but I don't see it on their website. Can you give more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
They don't advertise it. You have to specifically ask for it via phone. My guess is they are required to offer it because of the XM/Sirius merger but not required to advertise it. I figured it would pay for itself in about 5 years, with Howard included anyway. That's iffy for a car but well worth it for the house IMO.
Gatto Nero has it right, you had to ask for it on the phone. It started at with Sirius only at $500, dropped to $400 in the dark days after the merger to include XM, later jumped to $600 and I've heard it's now $900.

But...a quick search indicates that with the new pricing just introduced, new lifetime subs are not available. Can’t hurt to call (well, yes it can, their overseas based customer service is the worst!) Good Luck!
@thelake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to @thelake For This Useful Post: