View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #16
Silver Duck

Angry

I have two thoughts to contribute to this discussion. The first is that I didn't like it the first time I encountered a teacher who was so dog lazy that he punished an entire class rather than be bothered to find and punish the specific guilty parties, and I like it even less now that I'm old enough to recognize it for the injustice it is!

There are already laws against public drunkenness, disturbing the peace, littering, public lewdness, and tresspass. The MP or even local town police need to put the effort into catching and penalizing the guilty parties. Punishing the entire boating community for the misconduct of a few members is the lazy way out and is utterly unacceptable!

The excuse that offenders will see an MP boat coming and clean up their act is also unacceptable; the concept of un-marked police cars has been around for a very long time and would work just as well on the lake as it does on land!

My second thought is that people who build or buy lakefront homes in areas that are heavily used as anchorages should have used due diligence and been aware of that use before building or buying! If they didn't, and don't like boats anchored or rafted in front of their property, tough luck! If they were aware, and figured to roust the boaters once they moved in, even tougher luck!

End of Rant!

Silver Duck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver Duck For This Useful Post: