View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #146
sky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Reading through some of the earlier posts from those who don't love dogs, I am reminded of our Hunter, who came into our lives as an 8 year old rescue. When we first got him, we didn't understand why, every time we passed a body of water in the car, he would cry. Then we brought him to Albee Beach, after hours of course, and learned just how much he loved the water, certainly as much as any child at the beach. I recall getting on a Wolfeboro forum and asking the question, why can't one of the many beaches in the area be dog friendly? Some of the replies were almost viscious, people talking about having dirty dogs in the water, and how that was disgusting. The fact that small children are in the water with their diapers on (think about it) and that dogs never do their business in the water did not seem to occur to them. For some of us, dogs are our children. We just sold our sailboat in favor of a 32' Pontoon with lots of shade so our "children" could be with us on the lake. If you see us out there, give a toot, the name of the boat ? 'R' Doghouse, of course.
good for you i feel for people that never had the wonderful experience of a dogs loyalty it can be the best friendship that you ever have. have a good time on your pontoon boat.
sky's is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sky's For This Useful Post: