View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #59
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsadad View Post
This situation is getting out of control and must be stopped. These people are filling vacant motel rooms, increasing wait times at local restaurants, and monopolizing large bays at car washes. Heck, they might even raft in Braun Bay! And the worst part is… they aren’t even from here. To address this problem, I am joining with some intelligent, like-minded individuals (if I can find any) to form a new organization: Winnipesaukee Fogies Against Regional Tourists (With Large Trailers), or WINNFART (WLT) for short.

Come spring the organization will set up checkpoints around the lakes region. We will be seeking volunteers to staff the checkpoints, preferably people who know an out-of-state license plate and a “large trailer” when they see one. All donations gratefully accepted. Thank you for your support.

I have stayed out of this conversation but I couldn't agree more alsadad. Is this really what our state is being portrayed as?

NH's #1 economic resource is tourism. Why is it that some treat people from out of state as evil? Why are they made to feel un-welcome. My family has owned property in the state of 17 years, vacationed here for over 33 years and because I loved what NH has to offer I have been a resident and taxpayer for over 5 years.

NH as a whole, not only the lakes region, is a beautiful state with so much to offer. A great place to vacation, live and raise a family.

So many people complain about taxes, property, llc taxes, fees, registration etc etc..... Well those will only get worse if people who want to come to the state and bring out of state dollars to spend, are keep being made to feel as unwelcome and the enemy. Especially when the our economy is dependant on out of staters.

I for one want to thank BSS for considering vacationing here and I would be happy to personally show you around the lake when you come up in August. The lake is a natural treasure that is enjoyed by all, not only residents of NH, or those that some would consider as "NH natives".

Please feel free to PM me if you would like to meet up. I would be happy to show you around or answer any questions you may have.

Happy Boating and Welcome to NH!