View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #91
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsadad View Post
I think I remember coming to the Lake when the toll was 1 token (12.5 cents). Then they hiked it to 2 tokens and then again to 3 tokens. Then they stopped taking tokens so we had to pay the toll of 75 cents in real, honest-to-goodness American money. Now the toll is $1. When I pay the toll does that make me in-toll-erant? Or am I ex-toll-erant, dis-toll-erant, mis-toll-erant, un-toll-erant, bi-toll-erant (for the round trip, so to speak), or just plain annoyed?
If you sign up for EZPass with NH DOT, you get discount, on all NH tolls!
AND the transponder is accepted at all other EZ pass locations or fast-lane in MA.
Toll collections in NJ, DE, MD and others can be transited at the speed limits of 55 or 65; DE give 10% discount for all electronic collections.
NOW that's good engineering.

This thread reads as if there's bunch of regrets among motorized craft, who must pay so much for their fuel! Fuel to sail or paddle is same fuel I use 365/24/7, available at routine grocery stores or one's garden!

Chatted with acquaintance last night who lives on Moultonboro Neck on waterfront, and observes the motors are fewer and at slower speeds, PLUS they seem to have respect for others on Lake which has not existed on the Lake for many years.