View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #45
B R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman View Post
trade the yak in for some binoculars...

the second post mentions something is wrong with this pic, I agree, not sure what it is but it just doesn't look right, a leg on top of the kayak, the person is paddling real close to a nest, a nest in the middle of the water, some sort of a line in the pic running at an angle?
all of this is easily explained:

a leg on top of the kayak:

i've seen this in the x games before. some kayakers get their kicks out of doing these insane tricks all in the name of fun. it's called cowboy kayaking. they're trying to get this sick sport into the olympics, but no insurance company will underwrite the event.

the person is paddling real close to a nest/a nest in the middle of the water/line running at an angle:

appears to be a deviation from the above sport. i've heard they race as close as they can to the tormented loon in an attempt to get the loons to scream (squack, call out...). once they succeed, they lasso the loon and nest with fishing line (that's why it's barely visible) and drag them out to the middle of the lake and then watch and laugh as the loon struggles back to shore. points are awarded by the length of the loon scream and the number of loon chicks that fall into the water.

all of this on the name of fun. i'm telling ya, it's just sick sick sick.....there ought to be a law.......