View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #89
Evenstar

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I misquoted nothing. You are reading deeper into my post than needed, coming up with your own deductions on what I was implying. "Flying" is a pretty basic word and does not specify a specific speed in the context I used it in. Give it a rest. Don't you have anything better to do with your time than sit around and ponder this?
Like I stated, you are not man enough to admit that you made a mistake and misquoted me. Apparently you feel that you have to resort to misquoting someone, in order to try to discredit them, when you can't out debate them.

Quote:
What it comes down to is if you are that scared to be on Winnipesaukee, there are plenty of other bodies of water to play on. Nobody is telling you to leave or limit your activities, yet you choose to try to limit others. Other than a kayak being hit at night that had no lights and no right to be out there at that time, when was the last kayaker or canoer hit (during daylight hours) in NH??? Are you truly in danger??? Doubt it.
I am not scared to be on winni, if I was I wouldn't kayak there. But I am concerned with my safety there and more concerned for the safety of all paddlers on NH lakes that don't have speed limits.

It does not take a fatality to prove that allowing power boats to travel at unlimited speeds is an unsafe policy. My friend and I have have enough close calls with high-speed power boats to know that we have been in danger. And so have many other paddlers and other boaters. The fact remains that close calls are happening way too often - eventually there will be a fatality, and then perhaps you'll finally see the danger.

If the main lake is so safe for paddlers, then why won't you or any other member of this forum take me up on my offer to join me kayaking on it? My offer still stands.