View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #60
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
What if there are no accidents?...one could also conclude that HB 847 was effective.
Then what is your "conclusion" for years where there were no accidents and no speed limit?

Quote:
Then there's the testimony of people who enjoy the lake more when GFBLs are no longer legally zipping by them at 65 MPH just 150' away from their rowboat while fishing.
SOMEBODY will always like it better when SOMEBODY else can no longer enjoy some activity in their backyard.

I'd enjoy the lake more (and I don't own a boat capable of exceeding 45MPH) if there weren't fishermen in boats in the middle of common powerboat paths, or kayakers paddling along with idiotic grins on their faces in front of town docks while boats come in and out, attempting to maintain proper distance from other boats.

In fact I'd enjoy the lake even more if EVERYBODY else stayed off the lake at the random times that *I* want to use it.

Of course, much like the supposedly perfect worlds that you and Evenstar pine for, I realize that these wants of mine are unrealistic and unfair.