View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 AM   #13
2Blackdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Any music requests? Maybe "Who let the dogs out?" in honor of the concentrated trolling efforts recently of 2BD?
"Trolling" was best described as a poster who joins a cat-lover's forum then proceeds to say, "I love driving over cats".

I'm opposed to anybody driving over the rights of others to the detriment of a full enjoyment of Winni's natural attributes or to driving over any other boater, for that matter. AND cats.

The "150-rule" was not the best way to deflect your own contribution to the noise level.

Especially on weekends, Winni's high noise level can impact on-shore telephone use, ordinary conversations, those asleep, those listening to music, nature, or just listening to the wind in the pines. Not to mention the noise level that can impact boating emergencies, sounded signals, the sounds of warnings, cries for help, telephoning for help, and the hampering of an actual boating rescue or capsize.

"Driving over others" includes those who are so intolerant of others that they still use switchable exhaust among their neighbors, throw wine bottles in the lake, and turn up the stereo to play "Who let the Dogs Out". Expect a post from me when those who think their personal concept of boating does not "impact" other boaters or lake residents.

KC, Winni's boating is entirely recreational in nature, but can have serious consequences. "Driving up to your cottage" is not recreational in nature.

Coastal Laker, for every marina you should enter with "Captain's Call" at the appropriate setting, there are thousands of Winni residents asleep.

All the above was brought to mind by stumbling across the site www.rottenneighbors.com.

Who might be the next Winni boater featured on a video someday?!?!