View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
Sometime after midnight (wife says close to 1am) I was awakened from a sound sleep by the roar of a very loud boat passing between Bear and Mark at full throttle. I have to say it was very unsettling and in that first waking moment all I could think of was is this guy going to crash into my camp. I kept listening for the crash until after he was gone. It was that loud.

We have always taught our kids that we need to be more quiet at night when sound carries and to be respectful of our neighbors. Apparently other parents didn't share that idea with their children. That doesn't even take into consideration what happened on Diamond Island a few weeks ago. That thought was very much in my mind until the boat was past.

Some people don't get it and never will.
There are no laws on the books saying boats can't travel at night but I'm sure that's on someone's agenda. There are noise and decible laws however. Consider yourself lucky if this is the first time you've been woken up at night by a boat. With the new law going into effect it's going to take twice as long for that boat to go by your camp, yay!! As H20 fronters we're all vulnerable to boats smashing into our shores, yards, camps however the chance of that happening is relatively low. You're in more danger driving up to your camp on a Friday in the summer. My husband and I run a fan in our bedroom at night, the white noise usually blocks our neighbors who's favorite time of day to be noisy is usually any time after 11 pm. Try this it might work. I agree some people don't get it and never will. Do what you can within the boundaries of the law and maybe some accomodations within your own home can help the situation. Good Luck!!