View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
bilproject

Default 2 lines per licensed angler

Nice to have all that equipment but remember when trolling for fish in NH fresh water you are only allowed 2 lines in the water per licensed angler in the vessel. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Really excited this year for the start of Salmon fishing. I have completely re-outfitted my Manitou pontoon to be a luxury comfort fishing machine!! The idea is to be able to quickly change it over from a fishing machine to a cruising party performance barge in a matter of minutes. Here are a few of the things I have done thus far...

I installed a Bert's planer mast system on the bow of the boat. The mast is installed in a Bert's stainless track for quick and easy removal.

Purchased two Big Jons otter boxes to run off the mast system.

Installed a 36 volt, 101 lb thrust Minn Kota Teranova trolling motor complete with autopilot and wireless remote control on the bow. The trolling motor is mounted on a quick release bracket for quick and easy install and removal. I installed the three batteries required in series in a marine cooler and attached a quick release plug on the exterior of the cooler where the motor plugs in. The cooler has a handle and wheels so it can be quickly taken in and out of the boat when not needed. I did not want the extra batteries and their added weight on the boat when not fishing. This system I made really works out slick!!

Picked up a half dozen new Eagle Claw Starfire rods to replace my old and withered rods as well as a bunch of Cabelas depth master reels all set up with different configurations of lead core line and leader for quick change out while on the water. Some reels are designated for the planar boards others for the downriggers and others for deep trolling so a large assortment was required.

Restocked my tackle box (and then some ) with a proven assortment of spoons and streamers.

I will be mounting my downriggers on a track system in the stern of the boat. Just haven't got that far yet as downriggers are not needed for early salmon fishing.

Can't wait for Sunday!!

See you on the water!!

Dan
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote