View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
jazzman

It's a odd place.... Someone built this huge deck for a house (actually a modest house, but decks on 4 sides and on 2 levels since the site is steep), but gave up before the house part. I think it's been sitting for a couple years now.

It's sonotube construction, but I fear the sonotubes are undersized and some are now tilted (maybe they weren't deep enough??? maybe they never started straight???). I hear the "building" failed inspection at this point and so it sits.

I don't know what people do about erosion on steep lots, but I think it's been a serious issue in a couple places on this one. At least what stands today looks to be ok from a DES perspective. It's all 50+ feet from the water and no damage seems to have occurred in the 50 foot buffer area.

Of course all building permits have expired now and the SPA rules have changed since it was started, so I'd guess I'm in for quite a lot of paperwork if I want to revive it. On the plus side it has a valid and state/town approved septic system.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote